New Config Help

Tygger

Big noob here. My flash drive died and I restored it from a backup. Unfortunately, my backup is 1yr old and didn't have the latest drive assignments. I failed by not doing regular backups or labeling my drives. Lesson learned!

I have 1 cache, 1 parity, and 2 storage drives. I know which one is my parity and my cache, but not sure about the 2 storage drives. From what I read, I think I need to use New Config. 

Could someone step me through this process so I don't mess everything up? 

Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for the respond. I've been delaying doing anything and reading as much as I can. I've identified my parity and cache drive. Under New Config, I selected "Preserve Current Assignments: All" and went to assign the drives. I did not select "Parity is already valid" or "Maintenance Mode." 

When I Start, I get a warning that says "Parity disk(s) content will be overwritten."

Before I hit Proceed, can someone confirm if this is correct and/or a normal part of the process?

Thanks again