Replace SSD in zfs mirror

Joly0

Hey guys, i have a pool with 2 ssd´s in a zfs mirror. Now one of my ssd´s died and was no longer recognized after a reboot.

I have already ordered a new ssd which hopefully maybe arrives tomorrow, though i am unsure about what i should/could do now?

It would be great, if i could just start the array with the pools and still access my data on the drive that is left in the pool, so i can safely make a backup, before i try to replace the missing drive. So is it possible to just start the array and the pools and still access the data? And what about adding the replacement drive later? Can i just stop the array then and add the second drive safely? Or should i leave it turned off, wait for the second drive and just select that as the missing drive? Does it correctly and safely mirror my data to the new drive? My backups are a bit older, so there is still valuable data on that pool, which i really dont want to loose.

Would be great, if someone could give me some information :D

grafik.png