6.10.3 to Latest Stable

Hey fam,

I'm considering upgrading now that CA tells me I don't meet the minimum build version. I have been running unraid for 6+ years on this same box, and in the past had a few strange issues that went away when I upgraded to 6.10.3. So I've been apprehensive to upgrade.

I run about 25 different dockers, and 4 VMs full time in addition to general services like shares. MB is a Supermicro X9DRi-LN4+, and I have the NVIDIA pass-thru situation going on (plugin).

What is some general advice on finding a safe upgrade path?

Also I've had this same SanDisk Cruzer Fit USB for unraid for 6 years now, and the server has been basically turned on that entire time (a few power outages & maint windows for additional drives). Should I swap that out at some point? What's the best way to back up my unraid install?

I guess I'd go to latest stable which is 6.12.4 at this time, anything to look out for there?

Thanks for the help! 

2 hours ago, CowboyRedBeard said:

I'm considering upgrading now that CA tells me I don't meet the minimum build version.

Did you actually see that message in the banner???

2 hours ago, CowboyRedBeard said:

What is some general advice on finding a safe upgrade path?

Update all plugins.   Make a backup of the flash drive.  Then upgrade