Mover won't move libvirt.img and docker.img to array due to file exists on cache

wayner

I am trying to reformat my cache drive, so I need to move all files from my cache to my array.  The only directories that were on the cache driver were appdata and system.  I disabled VMs and Dockers.  Both the system and appdata shares have cache as the primary drive and the Array as the secondary drive.  I switched mover to go  from Cache->Array for both.  All of the appdata files were moved.  But mover is complaining that libvirt.img and docker.img already exist.

Here is the output from my log.  What is going on and how do I fix this?

Dec  2 11:54:48 Portrush move: mover: started
Dec  2 11:54:48 Portrush move: file: /mnt/cache_nvme/system/docker/docker.img
Dec  2 11:54:48 Portrush move: move_object: /mnt/cache_nvme/system/docker/docker.img File exists
Dec  2 11:54:48 Portrush move: file: /mnt/cache_nvme/system/libvirt/libvirt.img
Dec  2 11:54:48 Portrush move: move_object: /mnt/cache_nvme/system/libvirt/libvirt.img File exists
Dec  2 11:54:48 Portrush move: mover: finished

And here are the settings for the system share:
image.png.4b0bec94ad22122af5c1375b5894f326.png

For a bit more info, on my array disk3 there is a system directory that contains a libvirt.img and docker.img files.  They are dated Nov 26.  The libvirt.img and docker.img on my cache drive are date today, Dec 2.

Is this error message correct?  Why is the error "/mnt/cache_nvme/system/libvirt/libvirt.img File exists" rather than "/mnt/disk3/system/libvirt/libvirt.img File exists", assuming that this is the problem?

Thanks, I deleted the files on the destination disk and mover did move them.

But isn't this error message incorrect?  The file that exists which is causing a problem is the file on the destination disk, not the file on the source disk.  Should I file a bug report?

12 minutes ago, wayner said:

Thanks, I deleted the files on the destination disk and mover did move them.

But isn't this error message incorrect?  The file that exists which is causing a problem is the file on the destination disk, not the file on the source disk.  Should I file a bug report?

It all depends on how you read the error message 😊    If it refers to the file mover is currently working on then it is correct.    Another point that may not be obvious is that at the point the error occurs it is quite likely that mover has no idea which disk contains the ‘file exists’ file, just that it exists somewhere on the array.