Server keeps crashing within 12h, docker/plugins are disabled

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello, 

I was running Unraid 6.9.x great for about 2 years on an old Chenbro 1U server with Tyan motherboard. Then a month ago it crashed a few times every few days until the system would not even POST. So I replaced the server with a new 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400, Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE AX DDR4, 32GB RAM, new Corsair CX750M 750W PSU.

During the build I dropped my parity HDD (don't do this) and had to replace it because it would not boot on any system anymore.  

The next boot I was able to get about 88% parity completion and the system froze. I upgraded to 6.12.5. I have tried various other things, the system seems to be stable in GUI and non-GUI safe modes. But once I start up the array, even with Docker disabled and plugins disabled, I can only get about 12 hours before crashing now. 

I just have no idea how to debug this system which had been wonderful for a long time. Attached is my diagnostics zip. Appreciate any advice!

knox-diagnostics-20231201-2011.zip

5 hours ago, digitoxin said:

thanks for the tip! Memtest is showing 100s of errors in this brand new RAM and only been running for 2 hours.  Next will test with only 1 stick at a time. I'm not sure if the motherboard runs XMP by default because I haven't changed anything. 

Even 1 error is too many :)