Server Key and mounting array issues

My flash drive crashed.  Can't access it at all.  Can I use the key for that flash drive for a new flash drive?  If so, how do I get the key to install?  I'm going to Tools>Registration>Key File URL>entering my link, but it's coming back with "error 8".

Also, my backup is seriously out of date.  Is there any way I can mount the array without losing all the data on it? 

Thanks,

Kevin

Edited by Goodboy428
  • Goodboy428 changed the title to Server Key and mounting array issues

I do know which drive is my parity, but not 100% on the other drives.  That shouldn't matter though, right?  It should still rebuild the array?  Also, my array was encrypted, so as long as I enter the same encryption code, it should rebuild ok, correct?

Thanks for the above link!  Much appreciated!!!

50 minutes ago, Goodboy428 said:

I do know which drive is my parity, but not 100% on the other drives.  That shouldn't matter though, right?

Correct, if you only had one parity, and it was assigned to the parity1 slot, the rest of the disks order doesn't matter, as long as all are assigned you can check "parity is already valid" before first array start, still good to run a parity check after.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I got my array rebuilt and my shares are still there, my docker containers are still there, but I can't update my docker containers.  When I try it says "Configuration not found. Was this container created using this plugin?" Do I need to uninstall these dockers and reinstall them?  And on my SMB shares, they are still there and all the data is still in them, but I can't access any shares from a networked device.  

5 hours ago, Goodboy428 said:

And on my SMB shares, they are still there and all the data is still in them, but I can't access any shares from a networked device.  

Have you checked that the share settings do not have Export=No in their SMB settings (which is the default as that will mean they are not visible on the network.

6 hours ago, Goodboy428 said:

Do I need to uninstall these dockers and reinstall them?

The previous settings were stored on the flash drive which is why you cannot edit the container settings.

You can create a new docker.img file and then reinstall your docker containers with the same settings as used previously so they can pick up their existing appdata files.