share colors in dashboard

Oedzesg

For me, the dashboard is a way to quickly get an overview of right and wrong. Green/blue is fine and orange/red needs attention.

Currently, shares outside the parity protection but in a redundant pool are displayed in orange, making it appear in the dashboard as if they are at risk.

My proposal:

Shares inside parity protection: Green

Shares inside protected pool: blue
(Mirror, RaidZ)

Shares on single pool disk or unprotected array: Orange

Maybe I'm overlooking something, this won't work for other situations, but in my situation it would be very useful.

25 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Should still show green, @Oedzesgplease post the diagnostics and a screenshot of the orange warning for that share.

thnx,

Just changed the pool back to zfs mirror. 

After reboot created a new share. 

In the share tab in Unraid is says all the data is protected and there is a green dot in front of the share name. 

In the dashboard: 

image.png.635f509fa0fbf4d479a0e78a6f86f448.png

These are all the files: 

mediaserver-diagnostics-20231212-1518.zip

Thnx in advance. 

8 hours ago, Oedzesg said:

For me, the dashboard is a way to quickly get an overview of right and wrong. Green/blue is fine and orange/red needs attention.

Currently, shares outside the parity protection but in a redundant pool are displayed in orange, making it appear in the dashboard as if they are at risk.

My proposal:

Shares inside parity protection: Green

Shares inside protected pool: blue
(Mirror, RaidZ)

Shares on single pool disk or unprotected array: Orange

Maybe I'm overlooking something, this won't work for other situations, but in my situation it would be very useful.

Yes i know, but this was my sugestion.

The most usefull thing of a dashboard imo is to ceck quickly if there is annything wrong or somethings that needed attention. 

Orange text indicates an error or warning, like the orange thums for the disks. 

This is the feature requast corner right? 

13 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Yellow in the dashboard means cache only share, not unprotected share, unprotected is when you click on the shares tab and see this:

image.png

At the moment a share with no problems only not being a part the array has the same collor like a device with an problem like this: image.png.ed230972ca39a8481399c55aca3b73f3.png

I think you get my point. 

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

You are correct, I misunderstood because I only read the reply, not your original post

no problem at all... amazing for youre help ofcourse!!

I'm also start using Unraid after some years again and of course everything takes some time getting used to.