My USB drive becomes corrupt all the time.

nicecube

image.thumb.png.2aeb23afcd209d1fdb4ac52e3fc596e2.png

Hello, I changed my server about 3 months ago, and since then I've always had problems with my boot USB key. I've changed it 3 times since, so the problem is not with the USB keys.

This morning I reformatted my key twice and after 2 hours my web interface no longer responds and I have a message that my key is corrupted. When I plug it into my PC, I get a message saying that my key needs to be checked. I've tried all the USB ports and even bought a header to connect directly to my motherboard. I did a 24-hour test of my RAM and had 4 complete passes. I have no more ideas about the origin of the problem, does anyone have an idea?

I have included the diagnostic file in the post.

image.png

tower-diagnostics-20231213-1255.zip

Dec 13 12:52:46 Tower kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:23:00.3: xHCI host not responding to stop endpoint command
Dec 13 12:52:46 Tower kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:23:00.3: xHCI host controller not responding, assume dead
Dec 13 12:52:46 Tower kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:23:00.3: HC died; cleaning up
Dec 13 12:52:46 Tower kernel: usb 3-1: USB disconnect, device number 2
Dec 13 12:52:46 Tower kernel: usb 3-1.2: USB disconnect, device number 4
Dec 13 12:52:46 Tower kernel: device offline error, dev sda, sector 1773416 op 0x1:(WRITE) flags 0x4800 phys_seg 3 prio class 2

Flash drive is dropping offline, this can be the USB controller or a flash drive issue.

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

No that I know off, they should come with the kernel, but a newer kernel may have newer drivers.

I would like to buy a USB PCIe card but I don't have any available ports on my motherboard. I have a built in micro SD card reader on the mb, do you think I could use that? Does it share the same USB bus?

Edited by nicecube