postgresql14 docker update created an extension error

lostit
Go to solution Solved by Casuesa93,

I'm Using juusujanar postgres template and after latest update I receive the following error

2023-12-18 17:13:27.461 CET [198] ERROR:  could not open extension control file "/usr/share/postgresql/14/extension/vectors.control": No such file or directory
2023-12-18 17:13:27.461 CET [198] STATEMENT:  CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS vectors

Now I understand that it cannot reach that directory and that extension probably doesn't exist. ?

Is it something that can be fixed from the command line ? and if so how

Is it something missing from the xml template or does it need an update.

This has broken my Immich docker for the moment :( but no cow on the ice

Because since v1.91.0, Immich uses a postgresql extension which is not shipped with the default postgres image. This new repository is "just" the standard postgres image with the extension installed.

You can take a look at the github repository of the extension here and why it has been chosen here.

Immich had a lot of breaking changes in the past year, but because you use the AIO image, it's the first time you directly have to deal with a breaking change. This is one of the benefit of using the AIO image.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1