VM and docker is disappeared

leonlin

i'm new to un-raid, i assign new device to my cahce pool ,   then all vm and docker is gone...

could anyone help me to fixed it step by step? how could i restore my vm and docker...???? 

does all data in VM and dockers gone?

why my cache data do not write back to my disk? so that i can't find it back

if the cache data is missing , how could i recovery it?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L8tcWZgNYh3W31pjVYu9l5eamAgGMWGo/view?usp=drive_link => diagonostic log

ubraid : 6.9.2

image.png.d09676ce14a775ce414b0f45ee9f9ab8.pngimage.png.3154659bd65d0f6a96daf46c5c6293d5.pngimage.png.00f2c2cd9b9bec52aafda62312a1ab35.pngimage.thumb.png.c95096a909b62ce2950e79f55bf72549.png

Edited by leonlin
11 minutes ago, leonlin said:

t looks like cache data don't save back to disk, so the data in cache is gone, then all is gone

It depends on how you have the Shares set up.

There are the appdata backup and VM Backup plugins for regular backups of docker container data and VM vdisks for shares configured to stay on the cache.

few years ago, we only have nextcloud requirement, so i add a new docker for nextcloud and simply create a new VM for another purpose ... that's all

then it works fine for years and now the space of cache should be upgraded, i think it's just a cache , then the stupid thing happened...

anyway

i found that nextcloud don't setup any cache, how could i recovery the docker of nextcloud?

i just try to add new container ,select the template created before, data path is same as the older one(i.e: /data), but it seems not working, my data is not coming back

but i sure that data is in disk, how cloud i make nextcloud  recognize all stored data before 

why my /appdata in cache haven't been written back to my disk, i support that it should be written to disk every day...i can't find anything
image.thumb.png.fca24a25c74213b3f8f795ae0f66db4a.png

i have three folder set to prefer:cache but "appdata" and "domains" is empty

"system"  has docker.img and libvirt.img

if data has been format, Is there any way I can contact the Data Rescue Center to help recover the data in the cache?

Edited by leonlin
  • leonlin changed the title to VM and docker is disappeared
1 hour ago, leonlin said:

why my /appdata in cache haven't been written back to my disk,

The settings you have for the appdata share say it should stay on cache pool and NOT be transferred back to the array.  This is normal as it maximises performance of docker containers.   There is the Appdata Backup plugin available which can be used to make periodic (probably daily) backups of appdata to a specified location somewhere on the array.