Unmountable Drive help please (and other odd things)

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I've been having some weird issues lately.

Files not transferring from Deluge to the array, Deluge container saying it wasn't connected (thought it was a dead .conf file but it wasn't) Plex "recently added" Movies showing what was added weeks ago (but the films added since still being present), whole server being on but unreachable and had to hard reboot, and now an unmountable drive.

I thought maybe the docker image was corrupt so wiped that and rebuilt my containers, but after that I got the unmountablke drive message.

I've had a dead drive before, but not this message. I've searched through the forums and tried some fixes (xfs repair) but before I go wiping or replacing drives, I was hoping someone here could point out the actual fault? Maybe with all the odd things going on my USB or cache drive is actually dying?

Recent changes to the system: added a SAS/SATA card (which worked perfectly), and updated to 6.12.6.

jebus-nas-diagnostics-20231230-1043.zip

Edited by JebusJones
Typos

Thanks for the fast reply, it really is greatly appreciated despite my hungover comments below, I'm doing that now.

As I've found with some of the Unraid documentatrion, what you linked to appears tyo have been written by or collated by someone who assumes previous knowledge.

As someone who writes complex tech instructions for laymen on the regular, this irks the hell out of me:

Make sure that you have the array started in the correct mode. If necessary stop the array and restart in the correct mode by clicking/unclicking the Maintenance Mode checkbox next to the Start button.

That says a whole lot of nothing right there. Oh God, then I kept reading and it got worse. I paid for this product but I'm pretty sure that page was written by a teenager. I shouldn't complain, I should be grateful that you replied and that there is documentation at all. Sorry, just being a grmpy old man.

OK I guess my whining took long enough to type that the  check finished, results below:... nope, copy and paste removed formatting. Attached as an image instead.

The salient point seems to be: invalid start block 3638442754 in record 232 of cnt btree block 3/6

image.png

2 hours ago, JebusJones said:

OK, that was a lot faster than I thought. That seems to have fixed it.

Really appreciate the help guys, apologies for my grumpiness, ambiguity in tech writing is a personal bugbear of mine.

The Unraid documentation is available via gitHub, and if you have skills in this area you might want to contribute improvements, or at least suggestions for where such improvements can be made.

It is always a moving target as new Unraid releases come out so is in continual need of improvement.   It can also be difficult for someone who is very familiar with Unraid to understand what might be confusing to new users, or those less familiar with it.

9 hours ago, trurl said:

Be sure to check your lost+found share (if it exists) for anything repair couldn't figure out.

Couldn't seem to find one anywhere, so I think I'm OK.

Weirdly Plex and Sonarr seemed to not know about files that were clearly present, but refreshing shows that siad they had missing episodes seems to have fixed that.

I'm also getting network drop offs but can see there is a fix for Realtek drivers so will try that now. I've also just ordered 3 new 18TB drives to complement the current 5 x 8TB. Have been meaning to upgrade the drives for a while so I guess this is the kick in the butt I needed to get that process started. Hopefully by the time they've arrived things have settled down so the parity drive move (8TB to 18TB) and adding in two new 18TB drives goes well.

Thanks for the help everyone.