[6.12.6] Slow copy speed from array to UD

Long story short, I'm at the moment copying everything from my array to another harddrive which I'll store elsewhere after which I'll fix my failed drive.

All harddrives are capable of read and write speeds in excess of 185MB/s but still the transferspeed is 'stuck' at around 80MB/s.

All hard drives are directly connected in the server via SATA so that shouldn't be an issue. Docker and VM services are disabled to prevent anything else on the server from read/writing data to/from the array.

The command I'm using for the transfer I saved it as a user script (copy shares) and is running in the background:

rsync -ah --info=progress2 --stats /mnt/user/{Backups,Cursus,data,DCIM,isos,roms,software,temp_vm,VMstorage} /mnt/disks/WR501C57/ &> /mnt/user/Cache_ssd/rsynclog_20231230.txt

Could someone explain/figure out what the bottleneck is here and maybe hoe this could be solved? System diagnostics are included. Thanks in advance.

PS. It's my first time posting something here so if I did something wrong, please guide me.

klaroen-diagnostics-20231231-1151.zip

Edited by Zero Cool
Typo
Posted (edited)

Sorry for the late reply. Happy New Year by the way! 🙂

I did some tests with /mnt/disk1 and /mnt/disk3 (and even /mnt/disk2). The transfer rates did go up to round 100MB/s (thus being higher than 80MB/s) but no where near the 'minimum' transfer rates of what my disks are capable of.

For comparison, I’m currently rebuilding disk2 and these are the speeds I’m getting so it can’t be a hard drive issue. Or am I missing something and comparing apples and oranges?

image.thumb.png.8f05866f469a9b5edaf0b12ee8594f1c.png

image.png.a3f4de8c472e74621557e992fe13361c.png

Edited by Zero Cool
Typo