Build a "clone" server with same cache pools on both - But moving the drives/array?

Hi All

I am trying to figure out the best way to do a move of all my drives (Array) to a new server.
But still keeping the old one running with my existing cache drives and VM + Dockers on cache and still keep all my defined shares (This would get smaller New-old drives for the new array)

1. I have successfully cloned my existing Unraid USB and I bought a new Pro license. 🙂
  2. I changed the static IP in the conf. file on the USB - And Unraid booted up (But I haven't moved the drives/array yet!)

So what would be the right way to have minimal downtime?

• Is it possible to create a new cache pool (New server) and then transfer the cache data from the old server to the new server without starting the array by LAN?
  • Or do I need to do a "move" all data from the cache drives --> to the array (OLD server), and then afterwards I could do a rsync to the existing old cachepool, and move the old USB and drives/array to the new server, then create a new cache pool and do a "move" everything back from the array. Then using my new Unraid USB to boot my OLD server with a new array (all new-old smaller drives - No data) and hopefully still keep all my shares folder setup and configuration, and then from here copy data back from the new server.

Sorry if this is a stupid Q.
But my goal is to build a new server but still keep my existing cache pools and dockers + VM running on the old and still have a "clone" on the new one on a new pool (ZFS) 🙂 (Except for the data, I will have to copy the critical data to the new server array afterwards, like normal).

I know the "move" data away from cache and "move" it back again is going to take a very long time.
And since this is done while the docker and VM is offline it would result in a very long downtime.

Regards
Casperse

Edited by casperse