unmenu - wrong url

pete25

i have installed nmenu.. problem is i use a fixed ip address. i need to change unmenu default url address to

my fixed ip address for example 345.32.134:8080.

in order to use my unmenu i have to edit the url from nas:8080 to my ip address.

how do i edit this so it can use my ip address instead of the nas:0808

hope someone can help cheers :)

i have installed nmenu.. problem is i use a fixed ip address. i need to change unmenu default url address to

in order to use my unmenu i have to edit the url from nas:8080 to my ip address.

the unmenu.conf file.  Duplicate that one and rename it to unmenu_local.conf, put your changes in there and then restart unMenu.

the unmenu.conf file.  Duplicate that one and rename it to unmenu_local.conf, put your changes in there and then restart unMenu.

im on the edit page for unmenu_local.conf line. were abouts do i edit it and what do i put? i cant find anything like nas:8080 if i could find that all i would have to do is edit it to my ip address. like this 432.231.12:8080 ?

im on the edit page for unmenu_local.conf line. were abouts do i edit it and what do i put? i cant find anything like nas:8080 if i could find that all i would have to do is edit it to my ip address. like this 432.231.12:8080 ?

myHost

so i edit this

system file to edit/config

boot/unmenu/unmenu.conf

and do i edit this bit

# Unmenu will discover for itself your host name, but if you wish to set it yourself, or

# your host name is not set, then set the value of MyHost here.

# htp://193.166.0.5

as you can see i have added my ip address at the bottom. but after a reboot it till using the default address> Nas:808

so i edit this

boot/unmenu/unmenu.conf

and do i edit this bit

# Unmenu will discover for itself your host name, but if you wish to set it yourself, or

# http://193.166.0.5

as you can see i have added my ip address at the bottom. but after a reboot it till using the default address> Nas:808

Remove the pound sign at the beginning of the line and add

MyHost = 193.166.0.5

Restart, and you should be good.

so i edit this

boot/unmenu/unmenu.conf

and do i edit this bit

MyHost = 193.166.0.5

thanks mate its now working  ;D

so i edit this

boot/unmenu/unmenu.conf

and do i edit this bit

MyHost = 193.166.0.5

thanks mate its now working  ;D

now, copy that same unmenu.conf file to unmenu_local.conf

if you do not make the local copy, the update process in unmenu will replace  unmenu.conf with the original version when you next check for and install updates.

Joe L.

Archived