Mover does not run regardless of settings. also share.cfg file was missing.

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

I've looked at other mover support pages and still no matter what settings I try the cache is full and it the Move Now button (or waiting an hour) and the mover never runs.  I checked the log and it had an error that the file share.cfg did not exist.  why that would be I have no idea.  I tried creating an empty share.cfg and it had no effect.  I saw on another support page that it should have the line shareCacheEnabled="yes" so I added that and it had no effect.  I've tried stopping and restarting the array and tried rebooting.  the Mover will still not run.

the shares are set as primary to cache and secondary to array.  the mover action is set to cache -> array.  Override Mover Tuning settings is currently no but setting it to yes made no difference.

at the bottom of the shares tab it says:
There are no exportable disk shares
yet the share has export = yes

What else can I try?

Well that figures.  Just before I submitted this I tried changing the export from yes to no, hit apply, then changed it back to yes, and hit apply again.  Now the mover is working!  I'll post this in case it helps others who have the same problem I had.

At the bottom of the Shares tab it still says "There are no exportable disk shares" even though the shares are exported.  Anyone know why?

Thanks.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Axanar said:

At the bottom of the Shares tab it still says "There are no exportable disk shares" even though the shares are exported.  Anyone know why

Disk shares are not User Shares!    They refer to the physical devices in the server.    Have you enabled Disk Shares under Settings->Global Share Settings?   By default they are disabled.

• Solution
2 hours ago, Axanar said:

I'll post this in case it helps others who have the same problem I had.

If anyone does have these problems, first thing is to uninstall Mover Tuning plugin. Next thing is to post your diagnostics to a new thread with a description of your issue.

If instead you actually want help with the Mover Tuning plugin, you can go directly to its support page by clicking its Support Link on the Plugins page of your Unraid webUI.