Looking for GTX650 successor with low power consumption

epp

I recently ran into the following issue after upgrading from 6.9 to 6.12:

I tried everything I could think of but cannot get the card to work in any windows VM, so I decided to finally get a new one. It's the second GPU in the system, the first one being a 3070 which works great. The 650 was only used sporadically by my wife to play Sims, so the performance requirements are super low. I still don't want to get something super old to run into similar issues in the near future. Still I need it to consume low power since the power supply isn't set up to supply two power hungry GPUs.

Do you have any suggestions?

To sum it up: Performance wise it doesn't have to be much above a 650, power consumption should be as low as possible, it should be a model that can be bought new and it should be rather cheap (lets say below $150).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry, I no longer use a standalone graphics card to run on "unraid". Regarding the topic I previously posted, someone on the forum has already solved the problem of not being able to use the graphics card on Windows. You should carefully read the reply message and hope it can be helpful to you!

Sadly the fix described there doesn't work for me. I spend 2 days testing various scenarios including setting up different kinds of windows and linux versions, I cannot get the GPU to work on windows: 43 all the time, even when adding the hidden flag, rebooting and removing the fast boot option. I didn't follow up on that since I wanted to update the GPU anyway, that's why I made this posting. Now I have problems getting a newer card working in my PCIe x4 slot so maybe I should ask there again.