"shfs: share cache full" filling up my logs but can't find a share with minimum free space exceeded?

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

That message does not explain why the system would stop responding.  It means that the cache has fallen below the minimum free space value allowed to write a new file to the cache, so the file will be written directly to the array instead.  You have 100GB set as the minimum free for the cache so that is the value probably triggering it.

I see that you have macvlan networking enabled for docker, but have not disabled bridging on eth0 as is recommended in the Unraid release notes to get maximum stability when using macvlan.  Any reason for this?

On 1/17/2024 at 12:22 AM, itimpi said:

That message does not explain why the system would stop responding.

I misspoke somewhat, the webui wouldn’t load but my dockers and VMs were still accessible. 

It means that the cache has fallen below the minimum free space value allowed to write a new file to the cache, so the file will be written directly to the array instead.  You have 100GB set as the minimum free for the cache so that is the value probably triggering it.

I had a hard time finding this setting initially, but I believe it’s the one in the screenshot below , which currently looks to have a minimum free setting of 100 kB vs 100 GB - is the wrong setting?

Additionally, I’m not sure how to change this value, perhaps I need to first stop the array?

I see that you have macvlan networking enabled for docker, but have not disabled bridging on eth0 as is recommended in the Unraid release notes to get maximum stability when using macvlan.  Any reason for this?

No reason really – reading through the release notes iIt felt like this was an optional step but I’ll go back and reread it 😅

IMG_0112.jpeg

Edited by unRaide