Transferring files (30Tb) from Qnap to Unraid

Go to solution Solved by Aidan13,

I have just setup a new server with 1 parity and 3 data drives all 14Tb drives, there is no data on drives.

I want to transfer my movies, tv shows, etc files from my qnap to my unraid, from what I am reading this transfer is better completed without the parity drive to speed things up.  My qnap is having issues, half of my drives (1 pool) no longer works due to a mosfet problems.  I would like to transfer these files from remaining drives as fast as possible.  Would it be advisable to re-setup unraid without a parity drive and copy over files then setup parity, and what would be the best procedure for resetting unraid without parity drive.

Thanks

Tim N

2 minutes ago, Aidan13 said:

I have just setup a new server with 1 parity and 3 data drives all 14Tb drives, there is no data on drives.

I want to transfer my movies, tv shows, etc files from my qnap to my unraid, from what I am reading this transfer is better completed without the parity drive to speed things up.  My qnap is having issues, half of my drives (1 pool) no longer works due to a mosfet problems.  I would like to transfer these files from remaining drives as fast as possible.  Would it be advisable to re-setup unraid without a parity drive and copy over files then setup parity, and what would be the best procedure for resetting unraid without parity drive.

Thanks

Tim N

If you want to stop using a parity drive you can simply stop array; unassigned parity drive; restart array to commit change

• Upvote 1