Connect my second network card (2.5g) directly to my second network card on Windows 11 PC

Go to solution Solved by Vr2Io,

Hi!

A newbie here, but I thought I set it up right...

What I want to do is to directly transfer files from my PC to unraid using a network cable directly between both devices.

Set it all up. and the connections are made. But now it only transfers over the 1G networkcard (eth0), I know this because of the traffic indicator on Unraid.

I like to prefer the 2,5g network card but I dont know how...Probably the solution is easy but I cannot make it work...

I transfer files using file explorer, moving it into the networkfolder in My PC, maybe the problem lies there?

I come so far, but I am probably not very smart...haha

Any suggestions?

Edited by Jos79

Thanks Vr2lo!

Indeed you were right, i just had to simply go to internet explorer and make a new network connection and put the \\10.0.0.1\ connection in and it worked. I did not change the subnetmask (255.255.255.0 instead 255.0.0.0) though. Now I think how stupid I was🤨. But as always, the devil is in the details haha!

Thanks!!!