Unraid freezing

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

• Solution

I'm not seeing anything relevant logged, if the problem started after replacing the hardware it can be a hardware problem, one thing you can try is to boot the server in safe mode with all docker/VMs disabled, let it run as a basic NAS for a few days, if it still crashes it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning on the other services one by one. 

• Like 1

Thanks ill start a slow process of elimination with regards to the hardware.

One setting i did change which im not if it could cause problems is that i changed my docker directory from /mnt/user/system/docker to /mnt/<zfs_cache_drive>/docker 

My idea was to bypass the Fuse system if that makes any sense. Please let me know if this is a bad thing to do.

6 hours ago, shinexx said:

My idea was to bypass the Fuse system if that makes any sense. Please let me know if this is a bad thing to do

With the current 6.12.x Unraid releases you can also get the performance benefit of bypassing Fuse if a share is only on a single pool by enabling the Exclusive share option.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! server has been stable for 14 days, while troubleshooting the hardware aspect i noticed that the fan profile was set to quiet so i ramped up the fans and cleaned up some unused plug-ins and general maintenance.

Thanks again!

• Like 1