Replacing the flash drive

I am preparing to move my current unRaid server to a new configuration as it is several years old now. I would like to replace the flash drive and conventional wisdom tells me to wait until everything is up and running well with the new configuration before doing so.

So my question is this: what is the proper way to replace the flash drive? I assume I need to move a current backup of the current flash drive to the new one, but is there a registration process involved too?

Also is there a guide for moving an unRaid server to new hardware?

Here is the section in the Manual about replacing the flash drive:

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/changing-the-flash-device/

1 hour ago, dchamb said:

Also is there a guide for moving an unRaid server to new hardware?

Not that I am aware of.  Unraid in its basic configuration is fairly hardware agnostic.  However, once you are using VM's, you will probably have to change things if you are passing hardware through to the VM.  (If you pass hardware through to a Docker, the same warning will apply.  Much less likely with a Docker but I would bet there are a few Dockers which do use passed-through devices.)

OH, make screenshots of the tabs for disk assignments, network setup, Docker, plugins setups, etc.  If you do, you will never need them...   👿

If you need more help, please provide more details about what you currently have and what you are doing with your present setup.  Then tell us what you would be proposing to do with the new setup. 

• Thanks 1