ASUS PRIME Z690-P will not automatically boot from UNRAID USB drive, have to boot override each time

hello,

i have a strange issue with my unraid box where my motherboard will not boot from the unraid USB drive. every time i reboot, i have to go into the BIOS, boot tab and tell it to boot from that USB drive. i don't have any other boot devices present, that USB drive is the only option available to my BIOS. additionally, i tried putting a USB drive with windows 11 installer on it, and it booted off that drive just fine without me having to tell it too. 

once i point to the boot device, everything works just fine. no issues until the next time i have to reboot. but it's still a pain having to connect a monitor to this thing every time i need a reboot 

i tried several different BIOS versions. i googled for days and can't find similar issues to mine. any thoughts on what i should try next?

thank you

54 minutes ago, Gragorg said:

I assume you UEFI boot.  On your flash drive there is a directory called EFI~.  Make sure the ~ is gone and rename that directory EFI

hi, thanks for the reply. i had to do that when i first set up this NAS. without doing that it would not boot at all. didn't even see it as a bootable device. after seeing your post i double checked to make sure i wasn't crazy 

thanks