Newly synced drive showing as unmountable - nervous about next move

Hiya,

I recently replaced a 4TB drive before discovering the issue was that the power cable needed replacing, so I thought I'd put it back into my array to replace one of the 2TB drives in there.

I erased the 4TB on another machine, and then plugged it into my array replacing the 2TB drive.

With a stopped array I selected the new drive to go in place of the missing drive, then started the array in Maint mode and then clicked Sync.

The sync too about 8 hours but appears to have completed successfully - I noted that one of the array drives reported nearly 100% errors in the reads during the sync, but I figured I'd let it finish.

I stopped the array and then started it again and now the 4TB I put in is showing as "Unmountable: Unsupported or no filesystem".

Should I have formatted the drive in the array before syncing?  I think I'd assumed that the sync would overwrite whatever was on the drive before.  Should I correct it by formatting the drive (somehow) and then trying the sync again?

And, the massive number of read errors - could that be anything to do with a cable being disturbed when I was fitting the replacement drive?

Many thanks!

beehouse-diagnostics-20240207-2246.zip

OK, I understand that.  I've checked the connections and tried booting up again - I'm not sure what my next move should be though.

Disk 3 is showing as unmountable.  If I put the array into Maintenance mode and tick the Format Drive box I get a warning that says a format should never form part of a sync operation.

If I stop the array and remove this drive it lists the drive in the "missing drives" list underneath.

Is there a way to re-sync on to this drive again and hopefully see if the read errors on the other drive stop happening?

image.thumb.png.525972801db80b466a0965b82ddcf56f.png

Ah! Never mind, I figured it out!

I stopped the array, removed the drive from the array, started the array again, stopped the array, added it back - and when I restarted in Maintenance Mode the Sync option was available again.  All looking good so far... (and a huge sigh of relief was heard)

image.png.1e8cfd01637f97ed886a66e183a29ccc.png