Trying to get Intel ARC A310 to work

Go to solution Solved by Michael_P,

Hey,

I've been trying to get an Intel ARC A310 up and running for transcoding in jellyfin for the better part of 2 days now. Currently it keeps on picking the intergrated graphics instead.

So far I've installed the Intel GPU TOP plug in, but when i run the command at first it didn't show anything. After enabeling iGPU in the bios, it now only shows the intergrated graphics if the cpu.

Same for the GPU statistics, it will show the stats of the integrated graphics, but gives a 'Vendor command returned no data' for the second GPU.

I've also tried adding the following devices to the jellyfin container (not at the same time):

/dev/dri/

/dev/dri/renderD128

/dev/dri/renderD129

Those didn't seem to change much, except the 129 one makes it not work.

That last one is the one I understand from the jellyfin documentation that I would need to actually use the GPU, hence why i'm here.

I've also confirmed in the system devices, I can see the A310 show up.

Other than that i had some unsuccesful attempt putting the iGPU to different settings, turning on VFIO for the gpu, following the steps here (this locked me out of the server until I reverted it):

And trying to use the docker compose thing found here: https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/administration/hardware-acceleration/intel/

that seems to lead to issues with premissions, so i didn't even get the container to run.

Anyhow, does anyone have any idea's about what more I can try? I'm kinda way out of my depth, so any help or idea's where to look would be very welcome.

Thanks for your time and kind regards.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately no. I'm thinking of trying to run it in a VM in the future, see if I can force it in a way to bypass the cpu for it that way. But right now i'm working on a few other things, so i'll pick this up sometime in the future.

• Solution
On 2/8/2024 at 11:27 AM, Allitia said:

Anyhow, does anyone have any idea's about what more I can try?

The kernel Unraid is currently using doesn't support Arc cards You can use it in a VM , manually upgrade the kernel, or wait for Unraid to move to the new kernel

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2024 at 4:24 AM, Michael_P said:

The kernel Unraid is currently using doesn't support Arc cards You can use it in a VM , manually upgrade the kernel, or wait for Unraid to move to the new kernel

I'm curious when lime tech is gonna implement what the community has already done... The fact that we STILL can't use arc cards natively without jumping through hoops honestly is shameful and bad business. Hopefully now with their subscription model they can finally stop relying on the community to do their job for them. 

Honestly at this point it should be called Community Raid as LT haven't provided anything very meaningful in quite some time. 

I just bought an ARC 310 to use in my media server (JellyFin) and was very surprised, given how long intel ARC cards have been out that they were not yet supported. 

Those that land here may find this useful..