[6.12.6] Scrub schedule still active for old zfs pool name

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Until recently my unraid build consisted of the array and a zfs mirror pool "ssd".

I then added a second mirror pool "bravo" and renamed "ssd" to "alpha" via the GUI.

Last week in the syslog I noticed that there still seems to be an active scrub schedule for "ssd" that exits with status 1. I assume that means it fails run because there is no pool with that name anymore:

Feb 12 19:00:01 FelixServer crond[1139]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/zfs_scrub start ssd &> /dev/null

As there is no such pool I cant deactivate the schule via the GUI.

I found the following entry in /etc/cron.d/root after searching the forums where this cron job might be stored and poking around with midnight commander:

# Generated zfs scrub ssd schedule:

0 19 * * 1 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/zfs_scrub start ssd &> /dev/null

But even after deleting the lines in the root file the schedule still seems to run as I still got the error today, also it seems to restore those lines.

Is there a way to permanently disable the scrub of "ssd" without the GUI?

felixserver-diagnostics-20240212-2236.zip

Edited by mo0oh
Added Unraid version to title
  • mo0oh changed the title to [6.12.6] Scrub schedule still active for old zfs pool name
1 minute ago, mo0oh said:

safe to just delete the file?

I don't use zfs, are there separate cron files for each pool?

I have one for my btrfs pool named cache, and it is named for that pool, but its contents also specify the scrub command to scrub that particular pool.

Yes, there are also files named "scrub_alpha.cron" and "scrub_bravo.cron".

The file "scrub_ssd.cron" contained the exact lines that were also present in /etc/cron.d/root I was trying to remove and nothing else.

For now i made a flash backup and deleted the file and also the entries in /etc/cron.d/root.

Now I have to wait a week to see if it really cleared any traces of the schedule but I think that should be it.

Will report back if the issue still is present the next scrub interval.

For now this seems to be the solution.

Thank you very much!

Edited by mo0oh