My first unRAID server running slow

Hello guys, recently got my first unRAID server (first server of any type in fact!), my setup is as follows.

HP Proliant Microserver (2x2TB WD Green/1x250GB stock HDD)>Gigabit switch>Router>2011 Mac Mini, using 3x0.5Metre Cat5e cables, yet when I transfer a 13.4GB file, it says '22minutes remaining), I check the network activity and it's hovering at 9.7MB/S, it seem to think I'm on a 100 connection and not 1000 I take it? Any help appreciated, thanks.

Edit - Ok just went to Network utility info in OSX and it says 100Mbits/s, not sure why though...

I have one cable going from server>switch, a cable going from switch>router, and then a cable going from router>mac, all brand new Cat5e cables. Thanks.

Edit - Do I have the cables going from the units in the wrong order, should the Mac be plugged directly into the switch for example?

I have one cable going from server>switch, a cable going from switch>router, and then a cable going from router>mac, all brand new Cat5e cables. Thanks.

Edit - Do I have the cables going from the units in the wrong order, should the Mac be plugged directly into the switch for example?

Maybe router is not gigabit? Do try plugging your Mac into the switch. That way you don't have to go through the router to get from the server to the Mac.

yes I suspect the router is slowing down your access...