ZPOOL Health Degraded After Adding New Cache Drive

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

image.png.9214a4d6ea1d2db445fc4ecfc7d27b4a.png

image.thumb.png.41fdacad1f9ffdfc6a849dd98d92221a.png

History: I recently converted my cache_sata pool to ZFS but only a single drive. I have added a new SSD to my cache_sata pool and it auto-mirror it. During mirror process, I accidentally stopped the array and unselected the new SSD from the pool from the Main tab as I was unaware the mirror as already running. After that, I allow it to mirror and it has completed successfully. However, ZFS Master stated my ZFS pool is DEGRADED. and my two cache_sata drive is unmountable. Though all this error appear, my docker and array are working normally. Please assist to advise on how remove the umountable error and the DEGRADED status without destroying my cache data.

Im still very new to ZFS, so any advise posted, please assist to show the exact command for me to run. Thank you in advance for the helps.

Edited by Wong
Typo
  • Solution

Not sure how you've manage to get the pool in that state, also did you import the pool manually?

You can try this, but make sure backups para up to date, in case it goes sideways:

zpool detach cache_sata 296863395680873687

Then post the zpool status

image.png.0df612c15b3a421d9053d385197d87e2.png

@JorgeB I have ran the command you suggested. Yes, I did have manually import the zpool because I was unable to start the array previously. I stop the array, unselected zpool device, start array, then stop array, select the same zpool device. then start array. 

Edited by Wong
2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Now type

zpool detach cache_sata 7864157567842937412

Then post the zpool status

Now the ZPOOL is healthy state. Thanks. But how do I solve the unmountable error on my cache drive?

image.png