[6.11.0] FCP stating Out Of Memory errors

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi Unraid community, 

I require some assistance with my server and would much appreciate your help.

My Fix Common Problems plugin is reporting that my server is running out of memory and killing off processes to free some up. I've only had my Plex docker killed off so far, so nothing major, just more of an annoyance. I figured I should post here before it gets worse though.

I've attached my diagnostics for your perusal.

When I had a look, I was unable to find the culprit, though I suppose I don't really know what I'm looking for, so some guidance for next time as to where I should be looking would also be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

schirmer-nas-diagnostics-20240220-2309.zip

10 minutes ago, Michael_P said:

Plex ran you OOM on the 17th

Correct me if I'm wrong but on the diags you can only see which process was killed, not which process caused the OOM, it can even be a combination of apps, the OOM usually invokes the app that is using more RAM, but it also depend on other factors:

The function applies some heuristics (it gives each process a score) to decide which process to kill when the system is in such state. The process monopolizing the most memory and not releasing enough of it is more likely to be killed.

11 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

but on the diags you can only see which process was killed

This is true, but as the reaper will usually kill whatever is using the most RAM at the time it's OOM, it's a pretty good candidate to start with. Plex should never reach that point, unless it bugs out, which makes it the prime suspect in this case

It's easier to spot with multiple OOM events, if each time it kills the same process then you've added even more weight to the likely cause.

• Like 1