Macvlan and bridging found

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I've been getting reports from Fix Common Problems about "Macvlan and bridging found" for several weeks. It's time to sit down and figure this out. Unfortunately, I clicked the "More Information" link in FCP, and it's mostly Greek to me.

Most of my dockers are set up with bridge networking. Do I simply

switch to advanced view, and change the "Docker custom network type" from macvlan to ipvlan.

According to the release notes in the "More Info" link? I'm currently set to macvlan, but honestly don't know enough about networking to know what difference that would make. I'm reasonably certain I've never changed it from the day I set up my first docker.

I do have a Ubiquiti router, so should I follow that up with these steps?

Settings > Network Settings > eth0 > Enable Bonding = Yes or No, either work with this solution

Settings > Network Settings > eth0 > Enable Bridging = No (this will automatically enable macvlan)

Settings > Docker > Host access to custom networks = Enabled

Since I've only got one NIC in the machine, I'd presume Bonding should be NO. AIUI, it's kinda pointless either way with only one NIC.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

nas-diagnostics-20240221-1909.zip

Edited by FreeMan
12 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Easiest fix is to change to docker network to ipvlan: (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enabled, top right)), then reboot.

Thank you sir!

I've made the config change and am rebooting.

Can you point me to a basic primer on what the difference is? I don't need all the nitty gritty details, I'm just curious, at a high level, what this really means.