installed sd cache drive shows as both pool and unassigned

Hello,

I have attached the diagnostic report that I generated today after rebooting my remote server. While the server was accessible via VPN, some of my Docker containers failed to start. Upon accessing the machine via VPN and checking the logs, I noticed that they are showing numerous errors indicated by bright red text.

The log entries include pages and pages of the following details: 

Feb 26 06:09:17 Tower kernel: BTRFS error (device loop2: state EA): bdev /dev/loop2 errs: wr 6, rd 136751, flush 1, corrupt 0, gen 0

Feb 26 06:09:17 Tower kernel: BTRFS error (device sdb1: state EA): bdev /dev/sdb1 errs: wr 64, rd 136855, flush 0, corrupt 0, gen 0

Feb 26 06:09:17 Tower kernel: I/O error, dev loop2, sector 12195400 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x0 phys_seg 1 prio class 2

Feb 26 06:09:17 Tower kernel: BTRFS error (device loop2: state EA): bdev /dev/loop2 errs: wr 6, rd 136752, flush 1, corrupt 0, gen 0

Feb 26 06:09:17 Tower kernel: BTRFS error (device sdb1: state EA): bdev /dev/sdb1 errs: wr 64, rd 136856, flush 0, corrupt 0, gen 0

I hope this diagnostic report will provide insight into the issue. Upon rebooting the machine, the cache drive remains while the unassigned device shifts to historical status.

Any assistance you can provide in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I assume that I need a new cache drive but don't like to assume things.

BTW I have a syslog server running if any additional log info is needed.

Thank you.

tower-diagnostics-20240226-1000.zip.crdownload

The syslog had already rotated, so not possible to see the begging of the problem, but the cache device dropped offline:

Feb 28 12:00:00 Tower kernel: BTRFS error (device sdb1: state EA): bdev /dev/sdb1 errs: wr 36, rd 1954093, flush 1, corrupt 0, gen 0

Replace both cables and try a different SATA port, if issues continue replace the device