Unraid freezes

First time it happened a few weeks ago, before that i didn't change anything hardware or software related recently. Since then i had to swap out a defective hdd and recently updated to 6.2.18 trying to fix the issue.

When it happens, i can't access any docker containers or the webui, pinging also doesn't work. I had plugged in a screen last time it happend, but after typing in my credentials nothing happend.

Ive attached my diagnostics, syslog up to the point where i manually restarted it and also photos from the display output. Any recommendation what i should try? 

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 11.11.03.png

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 11.11.23.png

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 11.11.32.png

tower-diagnostics-20240227-1113.zip syslog-10.7.7.3 (1).log

Just now, itimpi said:

Looks like you have a problem with the following drive as it is showing I/O errors so what is it being used for?:

Device Model:     ST3000VN007
Serial Number:    Z6A0ZCWS

Not used at all currently, its unassigned. Do you think it could still make unraid crash? I will find it and remove it from the server for now.

1409694432_Screenshot2024-02-27at11_45_20.png.56d36e9c1f711a606e98734ea148ec03.png

Without anything relevant logged it's difficult to guess what the problem could be, one thing you can try is to boot the server in safe mode with all docker containers/VMs disabled, let it run as a basic NAS for a few days, if it still crashes it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning on the other services one by one. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2024 at 12:46 PM, JorgeB said:

Without anything relevant logged it's difficult to guess what the problem could be, one thing you can try is to boot the server in safe mode with all docker containers/VMs disabled, let it run as a basic NAS for a few days, if it still crashes it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning on the other services one by one. 

currently testing your approach, even though its annoying ofc :D decided to shutdown "half" of my containers to start with, running fine for almost 4 days now again. Ill wait another week and then turn on stuff again. Thanks for the help so far! :)

• Like 1