Back up problems

After spending hours trying to back up flash drive on several different usb sticks, I finally managed to get to the replace key only to

get the following message upon confirming replace key.

The Unraid USB creator tool does not seem to work, neither does the connect online stuff

Error: {"message":"Request failed with status code 406","data":{"error":"Missing field in request"}}

I managed to boot with my original usb and so I am back to square one. Trying to replace my old usb with two identical new USB devices so that if one fails, I have a back up taped to the unraid nas that I can just replace. 

it’s impossible to find 32gb usb 2.0 sticks in Australia. I have now spent over $40 on usb sticks and none seem to work. I don’t think the USB creator tools work either. I am on day 2 trying to do what is supposed to be simple. 

and I have not even got into using unraid yet. I must admit the experience so far has been horrible. 

what are the current low profile mini usb sticks that are recommended as of today? 
The info on the unraid site is outdated. Those sticks are not available in 2024 and quite frankly I don’t know why unraid does not sell their software on a pair of sticks and offer to sell replacements. Or at least sell sticks in their merch store? 

It is the one I used to get to nearly the end before failing when the key was being replaced. 

I don’t believe the manual method is written up properly in fact. 

It would benefit from some screenshots and what was particularly confusing was what the usb disk files need to look like once the usb creator or manual method worked. 

I will try this manual method again.