New Config +New SAS

Hello , 

My SAS delivery his soul to the creator , now i´m waiting a new one... My server have 14 disks , so , i have to put aside 8 disks , and create new config with 6 disks.  I have a share with movies, the library now is incomplete( it only shows the movies from the 6 disks)  until the new SAS arrive, when it arrive i will recover all the movies on the other 8 disks , right? i just have to add to the array pool again , and everything will be ok?

3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Not sure I follow, do you have parity? 

No , i don´t have.... But the 8 disks are all full with movies .... if i add them again it won´t show up the movies ? The share are the same.

Imagine , i have a share named movies with 1000 movies with 2 disks. 500 movies per disk . If i take back one disk , it will show only 500 movies, later , if i add the other disk again , it will show the 1000 again? The disks were not formated,, they just not connected because of the faulty old SAS board.
So , to put it up the server again, when i boot it, it show it , the missing disks, i have to perform new config , without erasing the others disks. I guess when the new SAS arrive, i stop the array , shutdown server, connect the disks , and add it again...

5 hours ago, galego100 said:

My SAS delivery his soul to the creator

I guess by this you mean an external SAS enclosure, not a SAS disk?

In any case, if you don't have parity, you can do a new config and keep using the remaining disks.

21 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

I guess by this you mean an external SAS enclosure, not a SAS disk?

In any case, if you don't have parity, you can do a new config and keep using the remaining disks.

Yes , you are right...It´s a SAS enclosure, a PCI one...