No GUI, everything else seems fine.

Go to solution Solved by jmtegra88,

36 minutes ago, jmtegra88 said:

Okay so i copied everything in config over to the new flash drive except theme engine, and still nothing.

This was a new install on a new flash drive? And it worked before copying your config?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, trurl said:

This was a new install on a new flash drive? And it worked before copying your config?

Yes. New install, just copied config with theme.engine folder and theme engine conf removed. That same new install worked before moving config over.

Edited by jmtegra88

Something about your config is breaking things then. You will have to work through that.

Try starting from a new install, then copy your config except for any of config/plugins. That should get all of your settings except plugins and docker templates. Also, edit docker.cfg and domains.cfg in your config to disable Docker and VM Manager.

• Solution
23 hours ago, trurl said:

Something about your config is breaking things then. You will have to work through that.

Try starting from a new install, then copy your config except for any of config/plugins. That should get all of your settings except plugins and docker templates. Also, edit docker.cfg and domains.cfg in your config to disable Docker and VM Manager.

So since my server is still functional other than me not having a GUI. I thought about using the back up drive on another machine, and keep replacing config files from a clean install drive until it boots to GUI? Think this could work? VS having to keep rebooting my server over and over.  ill just keep docker turned off and change the network config to a different static address.

Okay so here’s an update of what I think happened and then also what fixed it. 

So my flash drive started to fail, corrupted a config file, then connect saved a backup of that broken config. 

I was able to take a clean install, and my corrupted backup and move files one by one until it started working. Not sure exactly what file it was. But did see a gpu stats plugin error. I assumed it wasn’t a plugin as safe mode didn’t solve the issue. 

Everything seems to be back to normal except Plex. For whatever reason the docker wouldn’t start, it gave an error about “Nvidia”. As all my media was still fine I just deleted the docker/app data and started fresh and will setup HW transcoding again once the libraries rebuild.