No GUI, everything else seems fine.

Go to solution Solved by jmtegra88,

So I cannot get into the unraid gui after making a theme change within theme engine. Not sure if that is the cause, but that's the last time I was able to log in. Ive tried booting into GUI Mode on the server itself and also safe mode. All of my dockers are up and running and everything seems to be working fine other than the GUI. I keep getting "HTTP ERROR 500" from the browser. Heres the diagnostic file. Anything helps, thanks.

System Info

Unraid - 6.12.6

Ryzen 5800x

32gb ram

Nvidia 1050ti

jmlink-diagnostics-20240308-1301.zip

Edited by jmtegra88
3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Test with a new flash drive using a stock Unraid install, no key needed, that will confirm if it's a /config problem.

Okay so created a new flash drive, used same IP settings as current server. And GUI came right up. Safe to say its not a network issue.

Ive also tried safe mode, gui safe mode and gui mode multiple times. I disabled docker and rebooted, nothing. Its just weird everything seems to be working fine except the GUI. Ive cleared cache, checked all network settings. Im pretty sure its unraid related. Maybe if someone can read through the diagnostic logs. I haven't seen anything nor know what I'm looking for. And like i said, it happened right after changing the theme settings. But safemode should disable that plugin so wouldnt think it was the cause, but I'm not sure. 

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

Did you try deleting theme engine .plg file and its folder from your config/plugins?

drwx------ 3 root root  16384 Jan 16  2020 theme.engine
-rw------- 1 root root   3862 Jan 18  2023 theme.engine.plg

4 hours ago, jmtegra88 said:

Okay so created a new flash drive, used same IP settings as current server. And GUI came right up. Safe to say its not a network issue.

Start from there, copy all of your config, except theme engine .plg and folder.

7 minutes ago, trurl said:

Start from there, copy all of your config, except theme engine .plg and folder.

I noticed in my unfi network page my ip (10.11.11.11) is switching to (10.11.11.1) back and forth. Adguard home uses 10.11.11.1 . Can i delete the appdata folder for adguard and try to reboot? 

You can test it on another flash drive if you want, but you don't have to do a license transfer if there is nothing wrong with your flash drive.

Just be sure you have a backup of your config folder, create a new install on the same flash drive, copy config except theme engine.

Just now, jmtegra88 said:

I noticed in my unfi network page my ip (10.11.11.11) is switching to (10.11.11.1) back and forth. Adguard home uses 10.11.11.1 . Can i delete the appdata folder for adguard and try to reboot? 

If adguard is the actual problem and not theme engine then that would be a good idea. Simpler to eliminate that too.

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

If adguard is the actual problem and not theme engine then that would be a good idea. Simpler to eliminate that too.

Okay ill try that first. Now i did make a flash back up and delete theme engine, and that didn't work. I can still try a fresh copy and move config over but I'm not too sure if it is theme engine, as safemode should disable all plugins right?

Did you try a different browser?

Did you try to clear browser data (especially cookies)?

http vs https? Is the GUI on default port or did you change it?

Another thing you can try is open the browser you use, press F12 if using Chrome to open the dev tools panel.

Switch to Console tab, then open MAIN page of unraid. Do you see any errors logged?

This is what mine is showing when I open MAIN tab:

image.thumb.png.2688fbf0e734a457b5856af93495f800.png

5 minutes ago, shpitz461 said:

Did you try a different browser?

Did you try to clear browser data (especially cookies)?

http vs https? Is the GUI on default port or did you change it?

Another thing you can try is open the browser you use, press F12 if using Chrome to open the dev tools panel.

Switch to Console tab, then open MAIN page of unraid. Do you see any errors logged?

This is what mine is showing when I open MAIN tab:

image.thumb.png.2688fbf0e734a457b5856af93495f800.png

Yes cleared browser data, tried different browser in and out of private modes. Disabled ad blocking ect. This is what i get in console.  image.png.36b98fba9f6270fd2d87476cadc194e7.png