GUI not showing after reboot during running mover

Hi,

this is my first post, I tried to find a solution online and in the forums but failed so far. I am fairly new to unraid and yesterday I tried to change my 128gb nvme cache drive to a 1tb drive. I tried to follow youtube guides, but it seems they are a little outdated. They tell you to set the shares that use the cache to "prefere" the cache to yes and then invoke the mover to move everthing from the cache to the array. I am using 6.12.something (should be the newest OS version) and I could not find this option, so I assummed this option changed. What I did instead was set every "Cache <-- Array" to "Cache -->Array". This was Appdata, Domains and System. After that I started the mover and it started working. Today morning I checked and saw that it is still running but it seems nothing is happening anymore. No more reads and writes at the disks shwoing in the Main page. I could not do anything so I clicked reboot...

So here is where I am stuck now. The server ist rebooting and I can use the connected monitor to login via command line but the Dashboard is not loading (network time-out).

What can I do now to rescue my system?

And btw, how can I change the keyboard layout to german from the command line? I tried commands like "setxbkmap -de" I found online but I says "cannot open display "default display".

I hope some can help me,

thank you in advance

Posted (edited)

Thank you for helping me!

My problem is, that I cannot access the server over the browser of my windows pc or any other device since I shut it down. Also no access to any smb shares.  I would like to be able to get at least to the dashboard, because I am a noob and only "know" how to use unraid via GUI.

Edit: I just found the reason, Unraid changed from GUI mode to UnraidOS mode and I don´t know why. I just saw it accidently.

Many Many thanks to you JorgeB and your patience!

Edited by stainless_steve
  • Like 1

I still have the problem that the mover seems to have stopped moving files to the array. It went down to around 6GB left on the cache but since yesterday nothing more happened. I tried to change the cache anyway, but when booting up, it says "wrong cache drive".

Is there anything I can do to fully empty the cache? Or should  just stop the array and remove the cache? Can there be any vital data loss?

homeserver-diagnostics-20240314-1620.zip

I´ll do. It is interessting, after a few reboots, mover starts moving again when I invoke him. Same now, I enabled mover logging and immediately I see reads and writes on the cache and array, which did not happen before. I am curious what the reason for this is.
Lets see if it runs through or stops again, I will post the diagnostics.

Posted (edited)

I added a spare hdd to the pool and as far as I can see it is raid 1 now. But I don´t understand how to proceed. If I stop the array and try to set the NVME to "no device" I cannot start the array. I don´t know how to get rid of it, proceed to move the files from the HDD to the array and then then, when its empty, exchange the HDD to a new NVME and set everything back to its right setting.

Posted (edited)

OK, thanks, found them. Those are in "user/system/docker/installed/btrfs/subvolumes/random name/dev" . Those are lots of folders with a random name. The oldest are on location "disk3", some of them are "cache" and "disk3", some onle "cache". You mean I should delete just the oldest folder (location: disk3)?

OK maybe I understand it now. You mean that some file exist on the cache and the array? When I click through, I see that most of the files that are on cache and disk3 are orange. And as I understand it those are duplicates and you mean a I should dele the older one of both? And if so, how do I find out which one is the older one?

Screenshot 2024-03-17 142915.png

yes, but as you can see in the picture in my previous post, it just says under last modified "5 years ago". This all I can see, and I don´t know how to delete only the old version, if I only see this one file. The only option is, from what I can see is, that I can choose to delete if I click on "cache" or "disk3". I suppose it then deletes the cache or the disk3 version. But I don´t see more information