5 parity errors that will not go away.

Go to solution Solved by Baregills,

I am a new user and since the beginning I have encountered repeated parity errors, five of them each time I run a parity check. I looked here in the forum and found others having similar issues, but could not identify anything applying to my configuration.

Assuming that one of my disks may have an issue, I replaced the drive that I identified as the likely culprit. 

This changed the result of the parity check, but it still gave five errors but now at different places on the drive.

I ran the check twice on each configuration (output included here).

I'm struggling to know what next to try.parity.rtfparity.rtfparity.rtf

• Solution

Thanks, but I think the angels are with me. I came upon a post discussing a similar (but not exact) problem somebody was having.

They developed the idea that forcing a write of some data to the suspect drive, the issue could be resolved.

The logic of this eludes me, but such a simple action was worth a try.

And voila, the parity was clear and my concerns gone. (I am however not too keen on deleting that data I wrote - just in case).

I appreciate your help and suggestions which I will bear in mind for the future.