Can't reinstall suddenly orphaned docker containers.

Go to solution Solved by Hoopster,

I noticed today that I have two containers that disappeared from my docker tab. They showed up in as orphan images but I cannot get them installed again, including going to previous apps and reinstalling, deleting the files from appdate and trying to install clean etc (note - only tried that with handbrake as I don't want to needlessly delete duplicacy). The two containers in question are:

saspus/duplicacy-web:latest

jlesage/handbrake:latest

When I try to install/reinstall handbrake I get the following error at the end of the install fail:

docker: invalid spec: :/trash:rw: empty section between colons.

See 'docker run --help'.

When I try to reinstall duplicacy I get the following error at the end:

docker: invalid spec: :/backuproot:rw: empty section between colons.

See 'docker run --help'.

The 'docker run --help' doesn't seem to be of any help to me, so I'm really not sure what to do here. Running 6.12.8 and recently installed the recycle bin plugin, but other containers have updated without issue, I believe, and I still get the errors even with that disabled. No other changes to the system have happened recently that I can think of. I'd appreciate any help.

EDIT: Looks like there are new variables in the templates to fill in all of a sudden, or suddenly needed in any event. Not sure why that is. I was able to get Handbrake running by filling in the trash variable, though why that appears is confusing to me now. I also filled in the/backuproot variable in the template for duplicacy and it works now, so was this my templates getting changed somehow or did the containers get additional requirements?

Edited by aqua
  • Solution
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, aqua said:

I noticed today that I have two containers that disappeared from my docker tab.

They probably have blank variables, which, up until version 6.12.8 of Unraid, was not a problem.  This happened to me as well.  A docker container disappeared and could not be added again even through Previous Apps.

You likely need to install the Docker Patch 6.12.8 plugin which will fix this and let docker containers with blank variables be installed.  You can then decide if you need to fill in these variables.  This, of course, assumes you are running version 6.12.8 of Unraid.

Edited by Hoopster
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Yeah, that seems it. Weird that it seems Handbrake won't use quicksync now, even with /dev/dri still in as a device.

EDIT: Weird. Had to delete /dev/dri from the template, save the template, then re-add it for it to actually work again.

Edited by aqua