Unable to locate Flash Backup Storage Location.

Go to solution Solved by ChatNoir,

I configured Unraid connect to backup my flash.  I see it in the dashboard correctly, but don't see where I can restore it to a new USB drive should the previous USB fail.  I've not been able to find any detailed instructions.  I'm sure it out there somewhere, just can't find it.

Thanks in advance!

• Solution
4 hours ago, jeffreywhunter said:

I configured Unraid connect to backup my flash.  I see it in the dashboard correctly, but don't see where I can restore it to a new USB drive should the previous USB fail.  I've not been able to find any detailed instructions.  I'm sure it out there somewhere, just can't find it.

The flash is backed up online and you can download the last version here :

image.png.f6651ee6e87ca70f014531a1f9b3f483.png

image.png.00d01be944f059b6cc654260a5b1f4d1.png

image.png.d73f2ab450e0091d3a4f835d3e605a2f.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply ChatNior - I've seen that and clicked "Generate Backup" before, but it didn't appear to do anything.  I thought it was generating a backup from my server to Unraid Connect.  Now I see that it does that, THEN downloads the zip file.  Just takes a while.  Perhaps a better button label would be "Generate Backup & Download"... ;) 

Since the backup only sends the specific files (config, docket, etc) and not the OS files (bz* files).

When downloading the backup the server has to get your files + the relevant OS files, pack all that in a zip file for DL.

From personal tests, it can take a few seconds indeed.

• Like 1

Thanks, that really clears it up for me.  Who could I make recommendations to for improving Unraid Connect?  I'd recommend the following:

1. Add a description of the process and how it works (as you did).  

2. Clarify the button to Generate & Download Backup.

As Unraid has become more and more user friendly (and its amazing how much improvement there has been since I started back in 2017), there are more and more 'near nubes' on unraid now. So expanding documentation and user information would get a lot of mileage!  ;)