Best practice for migrating data off array disks

3 hours ago, Bmalone said:

I have that set to move from array to cache

You don't specify what "that" refers to. The text you quoted discusses 4 different shares.

Also, your screenshots are very difficult to work with since the don't show any labels.

11 minutes ago, trurl said:

You don't specify what "that" refers to. The text you quoted discusses 4 different shares.

Also, your screenshots are very difficult to work with since the don't show any labels.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.  All my comments on that post was inline under the comments you provided and I was addressing your comment about my downloads cache.

I included the name of the cache.  What other labels would be helpful to include?

11 minutes ago, Bmalone said:

All my comments on that post was inline under the comments you provided and I was addressing your comment about my downloads cache.

The quote wasn't from my post. So you mean that your comment was about the Media share and the downloads_cache pool? The Media share isn't set to use any pool.

On 3/21/2024 at 8:48 PM, trurl said:

The quote wasn't from my post. So you mean that your comment was about the Media share and the downloads_cache pool? The Media share isn't set to use any pool.

No, only related to the downloads_cache.

On 3/21/2024 at 4:54 PM, itimpi said:

you could try editing the config/shares/unraiddata,cfg file on the flash drive to adjust the list of included drives.

i must admit i thought that making any change to the list and using Apply would rewrite the values to reflect the new selection

Not sure I follow.  There doesn't seem to be any information regarding the disk configuration.  is it perhaps in another folder?

Studio Snippet 2024-03-23 at 12.38.26.jpg

On 3/21/2024 at 4:54 PM, itimpi said:

you could try editing the config/shares/unraiddata,cfg file on the flash drive to adjust the list of included drives.

i must admit i thought that making any change to the list and using Apply would rewrite the values to reflect the new selection

I found a disk.cfg file.  Since disk 6 is one of the disks it is looking for which I'v removed, would it make sense to delete everything between, and including, lines 134-156?  Then do that for all the missing disks?

475462792_StudioSnippet2024-03-23at12_41_46.thumb.jpg.202e6c069b89ee84a48b07b267a43b91.jpg

12 minutes ago, Bmalone said:

No, only related to the downloads_cache.

I guess we can just let that go or you can restate it more clearly. This is the text where I was trying for clarification on what you meant by "that".

On 3/21/2024 at 5:58 PM, Bmalone said:

I have that set to move from array to cache. 

I don't see how "that" can refer to anything except a specific user share.

9 minutes ago, Bmalone said:

There doesn't seem to be any information regarding the disk configuration.

In your earlier diagnostics, unraiddata.cfg contains

# Share exists on ingestion_cache, disk1, disk2, disk3
# Generated settings:
shareComment="..."
shareInclude="disk1,disk2,disk3,disk4,disk5,disk6,disk7,disk8,disk9,disk10,disk11"
shareExclude=""
shareUseCache="yes"
shareCachePool="ingestion_cache"
shareCOW="auto"
shareAllocator="fillup"
shareSplitLevel=""
shareFloor="100000000"
shareExport="e"
shareCaseSensitive="auto"
shareSecurity="public"
shareReadList=""
shareWriteList=""
shareVolsizelimit=""
shareExportNFS="e"
shareExportNFSFsid="100"
shareSecurityNFS="public"
shareHostListNFS=""

So perhaps it is fixed now if it doesn't show anything in shareInclude.

Do a new scan with Fix Common Problems and post new diagnostics.

Sorry for the delay.  Had some other tasks I needed to work on.  So eventually the disk errors went away.  The only thing the Fix Common Problems plugin is telling me now is to delete one of the Guacamole shares.  However, every time I tried that, the server became unresponsive so I haven't tried it in a while.  I also haven't added the parity drive back yet as I'm syncing my media to a backup server and will add it again after that completes.  Is there a more reliable way to delete a share (they're empty) from the terminal?

goathead-diagnostics-20240326-1210.zip

Your syslog is being flooded with these

Mar 26 00:02:14 Goathead nginx: 2024/03/26 00:02:14 [error] 6500#6500: *56373 limiting requests, excess: 20.327 by zone "authlimit", client: 192.168.30.252, server: , request: "GET /login HTTP/1.1", host: "192.168.30.170"

Any idea what that is about? Can you make it stop?

3 hours ago, trurl said:

Your syslog is being flooded with these

Mar 26 00:02:14 Goathead nginx: 2024/03/26 00:02:14 [error] 6500#6500: *56373 limiting requests, excess: 20.327 by zone "authlimit", client: 192.168.30.252, server: , request: "GET /login HTTP/1.1", host: "192.168.30.170"

Any idea what that is about? Can you make it stop?

I don't know what is causing that.  The IP address is my Mac, but I have no idea why it would be flooding Unraid with requests.  I had to stop using Finder with Unraid a while ago because it basically crashes the Mac if I try to do anything.  I can only use Windows now for any file operations.  I don't know whether it's something to do with NFS or whether it's something to do with the way it's connecting to the GUI.

4 hours ago, trurl said:

Do you no longer have the share named 'guacamole'?

I still have it.  Hence, my question above about a reliable way to delete a share using terminal. "The only thing the Fix Common Problems plugin is telling me now is to delete one of the Guacamole shares.  However, every time I tried that, the server became unresponsive so I haven't tried it in a while.  I also haven't added the parity drive back yet as I'm syncing my media to a backup server and will add it again after that completes.  Is there a more reliable way to delete a share (they're empty) from the terminal?"