Can't start trail

Go to solution Solved by Adam-M,

Hi there,

Today, I wanted to get started with Unraid and immediately had a bad experience. I created the boot stick and booted my device with the stick. After the first login, I created an Unraid account and wanted to start the 30-day trial. However, I keep getting the following message when I press the confirm button:

Error: Oh noes! something doesn't seem right here

Any ideas?

Greets
Hamish

Edited by Hamish1969
11 hours ago, UnJRaid said:

Same problem here. I see you posted this an hour ago. Let's hope Lime is having some kind of server issue. I've checked my date/time. I have a USB with a GUID. I'm not real impressed so far. I'm hoping this gets resolved fast and I have a MUCH better experience going forward. At this point I may have to reconsider TrueNAS. It was a real toss up but decided to go with Unraid even though it means paying for it. But i haven't even passed go and already having problems. And you would think they could give a little more information than "Error: Oh noes! something doesn't seem right here". Hopefully they have put more thought into the rest of their system. Yes I'm irritated!

Same here. 

I already created a ticket. Hopefully i receive a prompt response there. But even that is confusing because I didn't receive a confirmation email that a ticket was created, and I also don't know where I can check the status of my ticket.

All in all, this is not a good start, and I will test other systems like TrueNAS. With open-source software, at least I know that I might need to tinker, but with paid software, I expect a better workflow. Moreover, I'm not sure about the reliability of Unraid if even basic things like registration completely fail. With a NAS, reliability is naturally important to me.

@SpencerJ@Adam-MIs there anything you can suggest? Or just keep submitting tickets until they get the automated response?

I know this is frustrating for everyone, but some communication would be nice, and since the forum is obviously still running perhaps that communication needs to be some acknowledgement from the company here.

Telling people to contact support and getting feedback here from prospective customers that the support ticket system isn't working isn't productive.

If there is no known issue with the support ticket system, that would be nice to know as well.

• Solution

Thank you all for your patience.  The team has resolved the trial activation issue so you can now move forward with your activation.  We know that this is not the best first impression and we hope you do understand that we take this very seriously and are always working to improve our processes.

Posted (edited)

Okay, after it worked with the ticket on the second attempt, I was helped within one and a half hours and it's working now. Things can go wrong, and in this case, a bit more than usual, but getting support in such a short time is really good, and it should also mean there's nothing standing in the way of buying a license if Unraid otherwise works well. But for that, i have to test thing first 🙂 Thanks anyway to the support team. 👍

Edited by Hamish1969