Unraid 6.12.8 - Permit exclusive shares

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi All

I have read the nice write-up on the new "exclusive shares" feature here:

https://reddthat.com/post/224445

I have forgotten to change the path sometimes when installing a new docker, so I would actually like to setup the "Exclusive share" for my appdata cache. (I Have plenty of spare cache space, and my cache pool is mirrored and setup to use snapshot with ZFS to the array)

• What I am missing is do I have to change all my dockers back from the mnt/[poolname]/appdata/ back to the mnt/user/appdata/.... ???
  • And is there any other difference in enabling exclusive shares vs having changed all the path to mnt/[poolname]/appdata/ ?

Hope someone can help answer my question, I didn't really get this reading around the forum

• Solution
7 minutes ago, casperse said:

What I am missing is do I have to change all my dockers back from the mnt/[poolname]/appdata/ back to the mnt/user/appdata/.... ???

No.

7 minutes ago, casperse said:

And is there any other difference in enabling exclusive shares vs having changed all the path to mnt/[poolname]/appdata/ ?

No.

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

No.

No.

So the only difference then is that if I in the future install a new docker and keep/forget to change the path of /mnt/user/appdata
The exclusive share option will make sure its running without FUSE