I screwed up... but exactly how bad??

Hello all,

I'm running ver. 6.12.6 and I just made a stupid, distracted mistake.

I'm looking for advice how to proceed from here.

I was trying to move about 1 TB of media files off an NVME cache drive to my array, when I ran the cmd

mv /mnt/cache/data/media/movies/* /mnt/user/data/media/movies

Yes, I am fully aware I am an idiot and where I went wrong. Please, hold the lectures as I am just looking for how to move forward from here.

Yes, I know the first thing everyone will say is "restore from backups", however, while I DO have *most* of my data backed up, I do not have *ALL* of it backed up (long story, again, no lectures please...) and the array is about 16 TB. 

So, restoring entirely from backups is not possible (and would take approximately six lifetimes to complete, if it were).

I'll restore what I need to (and what is possible to) from backups, but I am trying to minimize that process and retain as much of the original (uncorrupted) media files as possible.

My questions are:

1. 1. What should I do from here?  (I did immediately stop docker / VMs and unmount the array, so as to avoid writing any more data and compounding the problem further)... I think the next step is to scan the filesystem(s) to see what is corrupted/missing... but
  2. 2. Should I do it against the individual disks while unmounted? mount the array in maint. mode and run that way?    (Note: The individual disks are XFS formatted, and the cache drive is BTRFS)
  3. What is the best way to determine exactly which files have been corrupted, if any, and how best to minimize further damage?
  4. Lastly, I do not believe the files that were in the cache drive had files with the same names on the array... so, is it possible nothing was corrupted when I ran the (very, very stupid) command that I ran?  Could they, along with the rest of my files, still be intact, somehow?   (I realize this is a long-shot, but one can hope, right?)

Any assistance/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!