LSI 9211-8i on Supermicro MB X9SCM-F not recognizing drives

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hey all,

So after checking everyting countless times in out of ideas. Read a ton of other threads and all i can think of is , that it's changing the boot order and putting itself on 0, it says noting bootable found, or that the cables being wrong, but i don't know how to differentiate the SFF-8087 SATA Forward Breakout from other ones? Mine looks identical to those ones and only text on them is "AWM 20744 E1 70689 sas 3.0 CABLE XY".

Can you see anything else wrong with the setup from the screenshots? Card is detected by BIOS and enabled, but no disks are showing up. The same disks work flawless when connected directly to sata ports on MB.

yNNKuNy.png

ujYnini.png

D9gMZLH.png

Appreciate all input

Cheers!

Edited by Corepunk
4 hours ago, JorgeB said:

If the disks are spinning up and still not detected you are likely using the wrong cables, they look the same from the outside, or the HBA has a problem.

Thank you @JorgeB

I have now tried with known good cables from a friend, and still no disks showing up. Is there anything i could provide or do more to confirm HBA is working atleast?

2 hours ago, Corepunk said:

I have now tried with known good cables from a friend, and still no disks showing up. Is there anything i could provide or do more to confirm HBA is working atleast

Other than trying the HBA in a different machine in case there is some incompatibility with the motherboard (or at least the PCIe slot used) I cannot think of anything obvious.

14 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Did you confirm the disks are spinning up?

Took them out of the chassi to make sure that they were spinning and not just vibrating from the other disks, and indeed they were not. Changed the power connector and all of them work flawlessly, many thanks!