Unable to do a manual flash backup

Having issues with doing manual flash backups...it just sits on "Please wait... creating Flash backup zip file (this may take several minutes)" indefinately....I let it go 10 minutes+ a few times....the Connect backup seems to be updating fine....so its weird I can't manually do a backup. I see nothing in the syslog either....I've rebooted several times, went to .9 but had to roll back to .8 due to the SMB share issue (which is now fixed in .10, but have not tried it yet)...and still cannot backup manually.

this can be done automatic by going to Main > clicking on the flash drive "flash"

/Main/Settings/Flash?name=flash

and clicking flash backup.

this can take upward to 30 min + especial on older systems and units with a large amount of disks. it can also depend on the read and writes of the flash device you used for unraid.

otherwise, I would recommend making a full usb image back up

Either Linux dd of the flash driver or software soultion like blana etcher /power ios to make usb backup img.

If you are having problems doing it on the server you can always instead plug the flash drive into a PC/Mac to make a backup as it is in standard FAT32 format.  All you need is the contents of the ‘config’ folder as that contains all your settings and the licence key.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, bmartino1 said:

this can take upward to 30 min + especial on older systems and units with a large amount of disks. it can also depend on the read and writes of the flash device you used for unraid.

otherwise, I would recommend making a full usb image back up

I let it run for ~45 mins this morning and it never completed, after a little more than 10 minutes, this error popped into the syslog:

Apr  9 06:48:44 NAS1 nginx: 2024/04/09 06:48:44 [error] 9996#9996: *889539 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.<x>, server: , request: "POST /webGui/include/Download.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "192.168.1.<x>:8280", referrer: "http://192.168.1.<x>:8280/Main/Settings/Flash?name=flash"

The flash backup on this server historically (same hardware) had never been more than 2-3 minutes to do it...then it "seems" after moving to .8 it started to do this.  I was seeing some weirdness with the flash drive, so I replaced it with a new one, but the problem trying to backup continued.  The other weirdness stopped.

Edited by Thunder7ga