Issues copying my license to a new USB

My motherboard went haywire and corrupted my drives with SATA errors. My new motherboard would not boot my old USB, so I made a new one, and copied my Basic.key from my old USB /config to the new USB. 

It told me it was successful, but I am getting error 4 (fixed by changing date time), and now getting a successful copy key, with an error.

I use the 

Install Key

To install a registration key, paste the key file URL in the box below and click Install Key.

Key file URL:

and get the following error message:

Error

Something went wrong

Basic Key Recovered Successfully

Any help ? I'm trying to rebuild my server after a few weeks downtime, and this is sending me batty. Followed several guides, error messages no help.

Nothing works.  Have tried manual download, auto download, delete, rename etc.

Any help very much appreciated., Unfortunately the licensing process is a black box, so I can't brute force solve it like I usually do.

I deactivated the old USB drive, copied the old key across. First error. I then downloaded the excising key (see images above) and the error occurred again. Have read a number of articles dealing with Error 4, and key not working, and have downloaded, rebooted and renamed several times as per most articles.

To make a backup copy of the known good working UNRAID USB drive, can I make an image of the working USB drive & copy it to a new USB drive?

On a linux PC using the dd command, can I ..

dd if=/dev/sdb of=/root/UNRAID.img bs=8M

Remove working USB drive

Insert new USB drive

dd if=/root/UNRAID.img of=/dev/sdb bs=8M

Thanks.