6.12.6 Multiple drive issues

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I went to connect interact with a docker web application, and noticed it wasn't running. Logged into unRAID to find the array wasn't started. I had rebooting it a day or two ago. I ended up starting the array, and it started a parity check.

I ended up looking at the uptime and it said 1 day 13 hours, which seems weird because that would have been like 6am Monday. I definitely don't remember rebooting it at that time.

It seemed like the parity check started fine, and then all of a sudden it said disk 5 had issues. I see in the notifications it say 3 disk with read errors.

image.thumb.png.0cc345d093a8faab4257a99759a09855.png

Before I started the array all the disks were showing green on the status. Now disk 5 is showing as disabled.

It wouldn't let me download diagnostics via the ui, I had to generate them via CLI, and transfer them to another NAS device, but they are attached here. The parity check paused. I assume I need to cancel it. Not sure what I need to do at that point. I tried looking through the diagnostics, and noticed several of the disks are missing smart reports.

image.png

palazzo-diagnostics-20240417-2000.zip

• Solution
Apr 17 19:40:52 palazzo kernel: mpt2sas_cm0: SAS host is non-operational !!!!

HBA problem, make sure it's well seated and sufficiently cooled, you can also try a different PCIe slot, then post new diags after a reboot with the array started.

So I just had something weird happen with this machine. A bunch of the dockers were stopped, and they wouldn't start. I disabled docker, and restarted it, and they seemed to all startup fine. I took some more diagnostics (attached). I just realized the last couple times I've tried to do this the UI won't serve them up as a download. I end up sshing in and copying them to a different network share to pull them down.

palazzo-diagnostics-20240422-2013.zip

Rebuild was successful, there weren't any errors.

Docker issues appear to be causes by the pool being too full, free up some space then reboot to make the docker image read/write again, if there are still issues recreate it:

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/docker-management/#re-create-the-docker-image-file

Also see below if you have any custom docker networks:

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/docker-management/#docker-custom-networks

• Like 1