Random restarts Unraid ver 6.12.9

Posted (edited)

In the past 30-40 days I have had my primary Unraid server reboot on it's own. I checked the syslogs but could not find any issues. Could someone kindly give a look to my attached diagnostic file and syslog as this morning upon power up, the server shutdown and restarted on it's own. just trying to be a bit proactive. Other then these two incidents the server has been quite stable.

Due to high electricity costs in Nova Scotia (Canada), I shutdown my two Unraid servers each night and power on in the morning. I did try the Dynamix S3 Sleep plugin on my 2nd Unraid box but had issues it which I posted about on this forum. So I removed the S3 plugin a couple of weeks ago.

I am running Unraid 6.12.9 and my plugins and dockers were updated last night.

Cheers & many thanks...

VETTEMAN

kensplace-diagnostics-20240504-1152.zip syslog-10.2.250.180.log

Edited by Vetteman
add info
  • Vetteman changed the title to Random restarts Unraid ver 6.12.9
Posted (edited)

Thanks kindly for the reply. I know once a Linux computer I had would reboot and found out it was the power cord not fully seated into the UPS and another time on another computer it was a faulty UPS.

Since it has only happened twice in 30 days, I will wait and see if it happens again. A few times I've been using the Handbrake docker to encode a batch of 10 or more video files and left this Unraid server run over night and there were no issues.

Again many thanks.

Edited by Vetteman