Unraid Server Occasionally Unreachable - Need Help Diagnosing

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Posted (edited)

Hi, I'm experiencing an issue with my Unraid server where it occasionally seems to crash. By "crash," I mean that I can no longer access Unraid itself through the browser using its IP address. However, I can still access certain Docker containers by appending the port number to the IP.

For example, SABnzbd displayed an error stating that it couldn't access the directory connected via a volume to the container. Some Docker containers remain functional, but Unraid itself becomes inaccessible, which is quite puzzling to me.

I'm attaching the log files hoping someone might spot something I missed.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this issue? It happens once or twice a week.

Thanks in advance for your help!

mediaserver-diagnostics-20240514-2150.zip

Edited by nikoan
Improved title
  • nikoan changed the title to Unraid Server Occasionally Unreachable - Need Help Diagnosing

Apologies for the confusing remote server setting, it actually is the ip of the server it is about. I’ve now enabled the mirror to flash drive. I’ll answer here the next time the issue happens. Thanks for your help so far. 

• Solution

Unfortunately there's nothing relevant logged, this can be a hardware issue, one thing you can try is to boot the server in safe mode with all docker containers/VMs disabled, let it run as a basic NAS for a few days, if it still crashes it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning on the other services one by one.