Random freezing / rebooting after installing license on 6.12.10

Posted (edited)

I've been using unraid on old repurposed desktop pc for about a month, and decided to buy a starter license. I activated the license, but now when I go to the GUI, sometimes it's unresponsive, and my docker containers aren't responding. No pings respond and SSH to the box doesn't work (SSH service is usually up).  I hard reboot, and things seem to come back up.

Nothing jumps out at me in the logs, and I'm not sure what the next steps for troubleshooting are. Let me know if a new diagnostics zip file would be helpful.

edit: managed to snap a pic of the console window, attatched.

syslog-previous syslog-previous (1)

IMG_20240516_213217306_HDR_AE.jpg

watney-diagnostics-20240516-1925.zip

Edited by joemosfet
adding console photo

I think that the first time I've seen the linux kernel hit a kernel panic after loading data from bios the CPU/Processor info.

I would have you attempted to load windows and install the latest bios for you board. Form the picture you appear to be having a acpi bios bug that Kendal panic with other OS.
You may need to enter bios and disable secure boot.

Posted (edited)

Will do (flash latest bios, run with limited RAM), I'll also run a memtest. I have what appears to be an overheating NVME drive that i'll remove as well. So coincidental this happens when I install a license.

Edited by joemosfet

Unfortunately still not, one other thing you can try is to boot the server in safe mode with all docker containers/VMs disabled, let it run as a basic NAS for a few days, if it still crashes it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning on the other services one by one.